The application consists of a written component along with a volunteer requirement.
– You must be 18 or under, but there is no minimum age.
– You have been involved with GSSHA during 2023
– It is not required that you show with GSSHA to qualify–volunteer work and clinic participation apply!
– Applicants and award winners from previous years are welcome to apply again.
– You must volunteer at a minimum of one show and attend at least one board meeting — generally held in Caldwell the first Tuesday of every month. Contact us for details!
The scholarship amount will be $500-$1000*.
We’ll announce the winner and the scholarship amount at the banquet in January 2024.
* Final amount will be determined by the GSSHA Board of Directors
Written Component: What We're Looking For
Or, how to make a good entry:
– Full, detailed answers to all questions–treat this like a job or college application and think it through!
– Don’t feel like your answers have to be horse related.
Deadlines/How to Apply
Please contact the Board of Directors by email to express your interest in volunteering and attending a meeting.
We’ll open the application for the writing portion after the conclusion of our 2023 show season. Stay tuned for deadlines!